CORE VALUES Our core value this term is RESPECT.
We shine when we show respect. Our acts of worship will help the children to:
• Consider how they show respect for others in their home, school and wider communities;
• Reflect on how they value and respect their own and other people’s belongings;
• Remember that God has given us the responsibility to value and respect all animals;
• Learn that St. Francis is famous for his love and respect for animals;
• Value their environment and know that they should help to protect it for future generations;
• Recognise that reverence takes respect a step further and will include aspects of worship such as awe and wonder, surrender and sacrifice;
• Appreciate that some objects have a special significance and should be treated with reverence;
• Understand that Mother Teresa believed that everyone is a child of God, infinitely precious and worthy of reverence, respect and dignity.